Chicago or Bust!

Last week one of my favorite bands, Motion City Soundtrack, announced they'd be playing all three of their previously released albums in their entirety over the course of three nights in Chicago! I thought that was a pretty sweet idea but was a little bummed about their timing.
The shows are the weekend before Christmas...
Ugh! Do they have any idea how expensive and stressful it is to fly at that time of year? ;)

Initially I said I wasn't going, but by the next day I was buying the three day pass to the show and feeling a little insane. Now the next purchase is the airline tickets, and those are just as outrageous as I had thought they'd be. So, tomorrow morning (when airfare is said to be at it's cheapest) I will give it a go and buy my plane tickets.
I totally can't even afford to make this trip, but I haven't been 'home' in years and I love all the people that will be joining me at the MCS shows... so I'm going to make it freakin' work!

I will leave you with a vintage Motion City Soundtrack photo taken by me:

Motion City Soundtrack

First radio show
May 2003

0 comments: